Thursday, July 28, 2011

Bonafide Berries

And I wonder why I'm so exhausted everyday..?
 
So you know all those berries that I picked a few weeks back and posted about?  Well, they certainly went to a good cause: my stomach.  And the select others who were lucky enough to have some ;).

Photobucket
Strawberry and oatmeal smoothie (!); I mean, I adore oatmeal as you know, though perhaps we'll just limit it to it's solid form.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Strawberry Muffins! Modified with applesauce and a generous amount of cinnamon. Let me know if you'd like the recipe.
Photobucket
I invited to dinner at my friend Jenny's house, so I used the remainder of our blueberries and strawberries into another haphazard baking attempt.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
A layered cake, with a berry crumble filling inside! Flipping those things out of their pan might have been easier if I had remembered to flour them first...
Photobucket
Jenny was displaying her master grill skills, and I supplied dessert.
Photobucket
And while it wasn't the neatest presentation, it sure tasted good.

Photobucket
I'm lamenting the end of berry season.
Photobucket
I love plucking these black raspberries off the prickly brambles around our yard.
What's your favorite way to eat summer berries?  In a sense, I'm a purist because I don't feel that fruit this good needs to be covered and disguised in various dishes, but if you handed me a can of whipped cream I would go at them like no tomorrow.

Listening: "All Day" by Girl Talk

2 comments:

-E- said...

even better is a bowl of them with half and half in place of breakfast cereal.

Olivia Fuller said...

This post has me hungry Nicole!! I love the naturalness of berries and how you've incorporated them into multiple desserts. The strawberry muffins looks like they're to die for ;). I wish I had your skill in the kitchen, you always post the most delicious looking food. And I have to agree, strawberries with whipped cream are a simple yet wonderful combination. Hope you're doing well :).

♥ Olive