Friday, December 17, 2010

Challenge what's possible

I'm certainly more eloquent in writing than I could ever desire to be in person.
I'm a fumbling, inarticulate mess. I "aa..uhhmm" way too often and, in my attempt to think before I speak, pause for too long.. thereby rendering myself to appear a lot less than intelligent than I [think] am. I enjoy listening to adults and good speakers who seemlessly omit these burdensome 'thinking' words, and I hope that one day I will be able to do the same.

As of 11 AM today, my winter break commenced. I have survived finals week, which was lacked stressed though became mentally exhausting from the perpetual study sessions, and I have officially finished my first semester as a college student. Everyone keeps saying, "One-eighth of the way done!" with a sort of an enthused awe, but I prefer not to regard this milestone in that way. You know, panic sets in.
However, I am home now for five weeks -- which equivilates to mega-blogging-time! [insert whoops and hollers]

I also hope to keep things hot in spite of the single-digit temperatures and dance to overplayed Top 40 music. How I have missed Food Network, Travel Channel and VH1 marathons! Oh, to be home :).

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I'm a pretty inarticulate speaker myself, so I can certainly relate. All of those amazing confident speakers that you just have to listen to... I'm definitely not one, haha.

Hurrah for winter break! Congrats on surviving your first college semester, and enjoy your five weeks off! I'm definitely jealous of that. I have little more than one week off and I'm quite sad. But yes, I will definitely be enjoying plenty of the Food Network and Travel Channel as well. :D

Allison said...

Ugh, sometimes I feel so socially awkward it blows my mind! I try to just convince myself to be optimistic and positive, which sometimes makes me feel less so, but I get so tongue tied with new people, especially when I feel like I need to impress someone! You write beautifully, so that's definitely something - some people can't speak OR write well! :)
I hope you have a wonderful winter break, girl! Congrats on surviving finals! Enjoy Food Network and the Travel Channel - you can catch up on so much free on demand too, so ENJOY, girl! :)
xox