Friday, September 9, 2011

et plus de la semaine

This is a continuation of my photo-vomit from my first few weeks here in France.
Photobucket
We visited another city on the English Channel, called Dieppe. We lucked out and for once the skies were free of clouds and the air was warm.
Photobucket
Myself and a few other of the students (our country stay families live near each other, so we go on a lot of day trips as a group) buried one of my host brothers in the pebbles on the beach!
Photobucket
My host family :)
Photobucket
A really awesome dog on the pier.
Photobucket
These poor starfish wash up onto the walls after massive wave surges. But they're still pretty gnarly to photograph.
Photobucket

As I mentioned, in this region there is no shortage of churches. The one in Dieppe, however, had particularly stunning stained glass.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

And at the end of last week, France had a unseasonable heat wave (I think it was similar in the U.S.?)! Luckily, one of the girls' host grandparents' invited us to lounge at their divine pool. They own a breathtaking farm that has fields of sheep and orchards for cider.
Photobucket
Photobucket

That weekend, there was a party at the farm-estate that originally was going to be a camp out in the sheep field (HA), but then this storm rolled in..
Photobucket
Though not to worry, we moved inside and worked things out.
Photobucket
Pine cone barbeque. What?
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

And then last Sunday, Cuy St Fiacre had a the annual village festival. One of my host mom's friends' had me sit with the Medieval warriors..
Photobucket
...and ride a donkey. Minus a saddle. In a race.
SKILLZ.
Photobucket

OH, only in la campagne (countryside in French). 
Merci tellement for checking in and reading up! I'll try to check up on everyone else's blogs as well.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

All I can say is OH MY GOODNESS FRANCE LOOKS SO INCREDIBLY AMAZING SO FAR! :) It looks and sounds like you are having the absolute time of your life. I can't wait to read even more. :D <3

Allison said...

J'adore this post, mon amie! Ces images sont tres belles - je suix tellement jaloux :) La plage est magnifique et les étoiles de mer sont irréelles.
That is the end of my limited French, ha! Seriously, girl, this post is incredible and has me dreaming of trips to France (and lounging in that sick pool - so gorgeous!). Also, if you want to have a fling with a hot French guy so I can live vicariously through you, that is totally acceptable (just sayin). xox, love you!

*^_^* said...

Nice post! Nice pics!
Awesome!

DWei said...

Looks amazing. Hope I can bring my girlfriend there one day.